Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Grandpa Stevens turned 98 this year.  That's right 98!  

We were lucky enough to have him to come to Saint George with us so we could all celebrate it with him!  I am so grateful for my grandpa and as I think back about my childhood there are many fond memories that include him in it.  I always cherish the times that I was able to go on camping trips with him and my grandma.  I love the times we took hikes together and enjoyed just being in the outdoors.  I know he has a lot to do with my love for the outdoors.  I can never thank him enough for the bike rides around their block the times I was got to sleep at their house!  Spending many monday family home evenings visiting with him and my grandma.  I find myself proud to introduce him to people and for the fact that he has been so healthy and lived such a long life.  I loved the Christmas eve's after my grandma past away that he has stayed over at our house.  I am grateful that my husband and baby have been able to know him and been able to hear and enjoy the many stories of his life that I enjoyed listening to growing up, which still to this day he has lots that I had never even heard.  Although many times when I see him I find myself missing my grandma, I am also extremely grateful that I am lucky enough to have him still around.  I feel so blessed to have a grandpa that I have been able to get to know, love, and have as a large part of my life.  He says he will not live another which I am sure is more just a wish then truth but I know that I would love another year!

4 generations

Grandpa Stevens and Grandma Grande
Happy 98th Birthday Grandpa, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment