Friday, August 3, 2012

Quickly Flying By

Life at the Castro's house has been kinda busy as of late.  We have had some sudden changes but only for the good so that I am very grateful for.  I can't believe that it is already August! I kinda feel like I missed summer but there is still time I guess.  It's much different when you have a young baby.  Anyways Kennedy turned 4 months as you know and so it meant that she had her 4 month check up.  I was a little nervous because I hate that she hates the shots they have to give her.  But this time she was so awesome, she let out one little cry not even lasting 10 seconds and then was back to her normal smiling face.  I did have to laugh though when she gave the nurse a dirty look, I just told her I guess that comes with the job some times.  She laughed and said she got much worse.  I was a very proud mom that Kennedy did so well.  Also we got an update on her statistics! 

Height: 25 inches (75%)
Weight: 14 lbs 12 oz (72%)
Head Circumference: 41 cm (45%)
(Anyone who has seen Kennedy knows she is not lacking in food!)
Kennedy after her shots

The second pictures is a funny story.  Kennedy is a huge thumb sucker and gave up wanting a pacifier the moment she figured out how to suck on her thumb.  I decided one day to see if she would take a pacifier by chance so I gave her the soothie pacifier (the one you get from the hospital and you can stick you fingers in and feel the baby suck).  She immediately stuck her thumb right in the hole and sucked on both ha ha what a cleaver baby. 

As basically every one knows Batman: The Dark Knight Rises came out a couple of weeks ago and Eric and I have been waiting a very long time to go see it.  We were lucky and got some tickets for the 8:30 PM showing the night before it came out.  We got to go with our friends Chris and Felisha and Eric's family.  We saw it at the planetarium in Salt Lake which was cool because we got to play around there before the show and needless to say Eric had lots of fun. 
We had to take a picture with Batman it was only appropriate


At the end of July we got a great opportunity to move to a house.  It came kinda fast and so we jumped on it.  The only problem was we thought we would have to the last day of the month to move out but our landlord told us we needed to be out by the 28th and this was on the 25th! oh and our house was very close to being finish but not quite finished yet! So luckily the house was done enough we could move our stuff out of our apartment into a couple of rooms in the house and then we stayed a couple of nights with my family.  We are so blessed for them letting us stay there so we weren't stranded.  We are finally into our house now, even though we still haven't finished unpacking, and we love having all the space and privacy.  I think Kennedy is missing staying with my family though since she was constantly being showered with attention! And now we're hoping we can start to get back to normal life and enjoy the last couple of weeks before school starts again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment