Thursday, August 30, 2012

Family Time

So its late and Eric isn't home from work yet and Kennedy is in bed so I decided to get on the computer to do some homework since school started this week.  Instead I ended up here which I'm sure will happen more often then it should this semester. 

This August has been full of so much, which has been so nice!  I don't mind keeping busy especially since it was right before school starts so it kept my mind off of it.  Every year Eric's extended family has a Family reunion with the whole family.  And when I say "whole" that is a big number!  I think Erics grandma told me when I was pregnant with Kennedy that she would be number 84 of her great grandchildren (and many more have come since)!  So yes there is a bunch of us and this year we went up to Tremonton.  It was cowboy themed and so we each made stick horses that we had to ride and do different activities with them for example: barrel racing, we also did rope pull or tug-a-war, etc.  We also had to do some cowboy poetry the only problem was when we were doing it only Eric, me, and Eric's sister Tara were there.  So Tara and I played the guitar and Eric made up a song to Genesis 1.  Everyone thought Eric was hilarious even though it was made up on the spot, luckily (definitely could have been a disaster).  It was fun to watch it all.  We also went to crystal hot springs and went swimming!  It was in all a good weekend and we enjoyed ourselves.






Eric's family doing the tug-a-war

After we were done at the family reunion we all headed up to see Quin play his first football scrimmage in Smithfield!  It was exciting and he did so good!  We can't wait to go see more of his and Aden's football games!

Quin is on the field but he is on the far side



 

No comments:

Post a Comment