Thursday, January 17, 2013

10 Month Breakdown


This little beauty turned 10 months old yesterday! No big deal right?  This mom apparently thinks its a big deal and may have broke down a little..... and there may have been some tears!  I realize that probably everyone would roll their eyes and laugh at this but for me it was like it suddenly hit me she is growing up (for a baby).  I laid on the floor spitting out ridiculous thoughts as Eric listened trying to say upbeat things back to me to calm me down.  It suddenly hit me how close she is to turning one.  Ok, I know one year isn't old but that means that counting the months is over and that we will be counting by the years!  And I know she still has 2 months till she even turns one!  It also hit me that she is now older than the amount of time I carried her!  Eric of course trying to console me says "that is why we have to cherish all the moments and new things she does!"  Sweet right?  I respond saying I know and I have been but they just happen so fast.... while saying this I'm panicking thinking to my self !oh my! have I really cherished every moment or have I let some of these little moments slip by unnoticed, have I taken enough pictures, and have I spent enough time really enjoying the moments or just pushing her to get on to the next step!  At one point I even spitted out the words she is so grown up I can't even handle it.  Eric of course said "I will be repeating those words to you when she turns 18 and you can realize how silly that is!"  I responded you don't understand!  

Ok im sure at this point anyone who ever read or heard this would be rolling their eyes and laughing at this point and now I realize how crazy this is and can laugh at the fact that I seriously broke down over her turning 10 months! 

Every mom goes through this at some point right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. Don't ever talk about babies growing up ever again. Can't they just stay little always? I think Abby and I need some Tanya and Kennedy time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt the same way when my babies start looking like they're going to stop being babies.

    ReplyDelete