Wednesday, February 6, 2013

January Funk

When this year began I had every intention of beginning and fulfilling all the new year resolutions I set for myself.  Which is abnormal for me because I normally don't care and get bored of trying to improve myself but I decided to give it a try this year.  

On New Years Eve Eric began feeling sick, and a couple of days later Kennedy and I followed.  I thought it was just the miserable flu that was going around but after a week and half of not feeling any better and several days of just laying on the couch refusing to move because my body ached too much we finally went to see a doctor.  He informed me that I had the flu along with strep throat and a sinus infection and Eric probably had the same thing.  We headed off with our antibiotics and heads a little higher at the thought of maybe we would finally feel better.  A week later we finally started to feel a little better but at this time KJ was feeling worse then ever.  We went to insta-care thinking she might have an ear infection and the doctor informed as that she just had a cold.  Only 3 days later her ears bursted and started draining dramatically and would not stop so off to her pediatrician we went where he informed us that she had a terrible ear infection in both of her ears and we went once again home with some antibiotics for her.  Long Long story to be shortened we spent the whole month of January sick in the household with nothing accomplished.  I feel like this January was a funk for then just our family and it still amazes me that it could even be February!  We are all better now and luckily in time for Eric to head up to session at the capitol for his internship.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment