Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Guatemala 2013

Eric and I had the chance to go to Guatemala last year. We were both excited but Eric was super excited to revisit the country he spent 2 years serving his mission. I was a little nervous considering we would be going to a different country, I didn't speak Spanish, we were leaving KJ home with family, and we were going in the middle of a school semester. Im glad that I set all my nervousness aside and enjoyed our time down there because it was an absolute blast and was definitely too short of a vacation (like most vacations)! Eric had mentioned to me that Guatemala is one of the prettiest places he has ever seen and as much as I wanted to believe him until I saw it I couldn't....and he was not lying! We did lots of fun things including: going to Tikal (a rainforest at the top of Guatemala) where we were able to see breathtaking Mayan ruins, Rode a tuk tuk around the island of Flores, Explored Antigua, which was once the capital of Guatemala, Took a boat around Lake Atitlan, Visit some of Erics old mission areas, Went to the Guatemala LDS Temple, and explored the city where we found a delicious taco restaurant. I haven't written this post for so long because we did so much I have had a hard time deciding all that I should say but the truth is the pictures can speak for themselves and I would recommend to anyone who has the chance to go an explore this beautiful country!  I wish I would have taken more pictures but I was always so memorized by what was going on around me that I'd forget to pull out the camera.
A church in one of Eric's areas that was built after he left his mission. This was exciting for Eric because these member had to meet in a random room before the church was built.
I was incredibly impressed with these ladies I had a to take a picture!
A ward member Eric knew while serving his mission
These kids are so cute! One of girls would always say she was going to marry Eric when she grew up!


A family Eric was close to in his mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment